BDEC Limited disclosure policy
BDEC Limited is a private limited company registered in England (no. 4022013) with VAT registration number GB753581907.
BDEC Limited provides a range of information and data products to the defence and security sectors.
Our trading names include British Defence Equipment Catalogue, British Defence Industry Directory and British Security.
BDEC Limited offers printed and digital titles for sale by subscription.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including, but not limited to, your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including, but not limited to, your name, email address, contact numbers, goods or services purchased and date of transaction);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including, but not limited to, your full name, postal address, email address and other contact information);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including, but not limited to, your email address, full name);
- Information that you provide to use for the purpose of receiving services subscribed to through one of our trading names;
- Information you submit to us for the purposes of adding your business contact details to our directory websites.
- Any other information that you choose to send us.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with contact details about your business for the purpose of direct marketing only if you have provided these details for the purposes of adding your business details to our directory listings and not if you have subscribed to our hard copy or online products or services. You may choose to opt out of this and we have the right then to remove your data from our directory listings accordingly;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
BDEC Limited will endeavour to publish accurate details on any company listed on our directory websites. You may request the revision or removal of any data held on you as a purchaser or as a company listed on our directory websites by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We endeavour to remove or change any requested information as soon as possible, and will do so except where we are obliged to retain information, including for the purposes of tax reporting or where otherwise governed by United Kingdom law.
Where BDEC Limited is required to store sensitive information about our clients or our dealings with our clients, we will store the information in a secured database with very restricted access. Only authorised members of staff, and authorised machines, will have access to this information.
BDEC Limited does not currently store credit / debit card or other financial details. Any time that BDEC Limited requests your financial details, we will do so for the purpose of creating a single transaction, and will ensure that all communication is fully encrypted. Sensitive information of this nature requested via the ‘http’ protocol will only be requested when utilising “Secure Socket Layer” encryption. Please check that your web-browser is accessing the webpage beginning with https:// and that a padlock icon is displayed within the application. We will provide your details to our credit card merchant, who will authorise those details and perform the transaction on our behalf.
There may be occasions when BDEC Limited will collect payment details over the telephone. During this process, we will provide your details to our credit card merchant, who will authorise those details and perform the transaction on our behalf.
Any changes to this policy will be stated on this page.
Where customers have paid for a subscription to a printed publication or series of publications, the first copy will be despatched within 28 days of receipt of payment. The next publication in the series will be despatched as soon as it has been published.
For online subscriptions to digital media and information we will endeavour to transfer the requested items in a timely manner. Where this provision is automated, we will endeavour to deliver the online facility immediately, within the business hours of 9am - 5.30pm Monday through Friday (British Time).
If you are not happy with the service provided by BDEC Limited, please contact us with your concerns. at
email@example.com within 14 calendar days following the receipt of the requested product or service. We aim for 100% customer satisfaction and will work with you to resolve the issue, or where possible offer a refund or replacement.
BDEC Limited will provide the facility for refunds where applicable under the terms of the Distance Selling Regulations. You can read full details of these regulations here
You may contact BDEC Limited at any time utilising the information provided below. Please be aware that phone communication will only be possible within the business hours of 9am - 5.30pm Monday through Friday (British Time).
Tel: +44 (0)1737 645777
Fax: +44 (0)1737 645888
VAT No. GB753581907
Company Reg.No. 4022013
BDEC Ltd is part of A-Z Group Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 03233592
Registered Office: Fairfax House, 15 Fulwood Place, London WC1V 6AY
© BDEC Limited